Spring Office Organization
April 3, 2018 home
It can be easy to neglect the home office, especially if you are not using it to be a freelancer or have the need to invite clients over the house. A few pointers can help you organize the office so that you can have a presentable office space around the year.
Tips for Office Organizing:
- Designate areas for your mail, computer, external hard drives, bills to pay, paper, envelopes, and etc. so they are easy to locate.
- Make weekly spot cleanings to the deck. Ie. Dusting, cleaning the windows, tidying up the desk, and putting papers away
- Keep your personal and business papers separate.
- Naming conventions for the files on your computer. If you are having trouble finding certain documents having a naming convention will be very useful and you will be able to find documents faster.
- Pick up the papers around the desk so that you can start the next day with a clean desk every morning. Look at it as your space that is for business life not personal.
- Keep the cords tucked away so the cables for the computer, printer, scanner, etc are not entirely visible.