Taking the time organize your closet takes time and patience and it may be difficult to organize your closet. At Closet World, we want to be able to help you to face your fears of getting organized in 2013. Feel free to add comments and add on some of your favorite tips to stay organized with your closet.
Closet Organization Tips:
- Best way to start organizing is to empty out your closet and decide if it is time for a new closet or just need to start organizing your closet so you can find everything you need easily.
- We are only focusing on the organizational aspect of your closet.
- Tip 1: Empty out the closet and place everything on the bed and floor. Be sure to leave yourself some room to walk around, but as you are putting stuff on the bed, put like things together.
- Tip 2: Draw a map of your closet and decide where the ideal home should be. Everyone’s needs are going to be different. It is best to start out with a map first so then you have a plan in tact when you go take everything out of closet and start the actual organization process.
- Tip 3: If there is anything in the closet that is only taking up room, it might be best to think about putting it up in the attic, garage, or storage unit.
- Tip 4: Anything that needs to be hung up can be arranged by shortest to longest, color, or type of clothing.
- Tip 5: Anything that does not fit can be sold at a thrift store or even donated to Goodwill, Salvation Army, or Homeless Shelters.
- Tip 6: A shoe rack might be beneficial so that your shoes are not just sitting on the floor organized.
- Tip 7: Have any hobbies that need a place to be stored? If you have shelves, you can put your hobby supplies on the shelves instead of being left on the floor in a container. It might make your bedroom look bigger.
- Tip 8: Make sure that your closet is organized the way the you want it to look and feel.
Have any other tips to share, you can post them in the comments. Happy Organizing!
Father’s Day is once a year and every year most people cannot decide what to get their husband, father, or stepdad for Father’s Day. So in order to make this a more enjoyable experience, here are some gift ideas:
1. Tools: Whether it be for house repairs or working on the car, every guy needs a set of tools to get the work done,
2. Grill Tools: We all like to have the backyard barbecue in the summer time and it might be time for a new set of supplies.
3. Fishing Gear: Father’s take a lot of time out of their hands to practice with their child for whatever they might be doing such as swimming, baseball, softball, and Tennis. In order to learn some outdoor skills with their child, fishing is a great way to bond with their son.
4, Golf Clubs: At some point, retiring will be in the future for most men. Some guys, like to spend their time off golfing or learning to golf so help them get started with some Golf Clubs.
5. Gadgets: Not all dads are into technology, but if they are into technology an ipad or anything else that is useful would be a perfect gift to get your dad or loved one.
6. Sports Tickets: Sports fans need something to look forward to so buy your father some tickets to their sports team.
7. Personalized Gift: When you are little, nothing is better than the picture you drew or the art you made especially for the dad who plays with you.
Some ideas came from askmen.com
It can be easy to neglect the home office, especially if you are not using it to be a freelancer or have the need to invite clients over the house. A few pointers can help you organize the office so that you can have a presentable office space around the year.
Tips for Office Organizing:
- Designate areas for your mail, computer, external hard drives, bills to pay, paper, envelopes, and etc. so they are easy to locate.
- Make weekly spot cleanings to the deck. Ie. Dusting, cleaning the windows, tidying up the desk, and putting papers away
- Keep your personal and business papers separate.
- Naming conventions for the files on your computer. If you are having trouble finding certain documents having a naming convention will be very useful and you will be able to find documents faster.
- Pick up the papers around the desk so that you can start the next day with a clean desk every morning. Look at it as your space that is for business life not personal.
- Keep the cords tucked away so the cables for the computer, printer, scanner, etc are not entirely visible.
Your pantry can get disorganized very quickly and most of the time will not get organized again until the next spring cleaning. Take the time to organize the pantry based off of type of foods such as pasta and pasta sauces, spices, rice, canned goods, drinks, etc. It might take an hour to go through the pantry, but in the end it will look amazing and feel like you accomplished something. It will be nice to have a place for the items in the pantry to go so that when you go to the grocery store, it will be easy to put away the items. Drinks: Organize the drink self based upon what drunk it is so you do not have to go digging to find Coke or Water. The drinks can be placed on the bottom shelves to avoid spills and messes.
- Read more [+]
Spring Cleaning can always come in handy, although, but what about Spring Organizing? Spring Organizing can help you de-clutter your life into a more simplistic lifestyle.
Closet Organization Suggestions:
- Color coordinate clothes in the closet: If you are looking for the perfect color for a special occasion, color coordinating the closet might be a great idea. You can always separate it out further by adding work or your going out clothes
- Take out any clothes that do not fit anymore. You can donate or sell your clothes that you don’t wear anymore. Great motivation to buy some new clothes.
- Shoe organizing: I am sure that if you a woman, you have plenty of shoes to go around. You can organize your shoes by heels, work shoes, gym shoes to make your shoes easier to find.
- Art Supplies: You might have a ton of art supplies lying around in the closet. Have clear bins to place art supplies in instead of not knowing where that one Blue Crayon went. Now it can all be in one place and easy to find. You can always label the clear bin.
- Photos: I am sure we all have old photos lying around and you have no idea what to do with them. Get Photo containers to place them in instead of leaving them stacked in the closet. Put the events in chronological order so that you can go back and remember a particular event.
For a standard house, we have the typical closet, which consists of a door and inside the closet we have a rack to hang clothes and possibly a couple of shelves. I have found it very difficult to keep it organized. Most of my shelves are being used as storage instead of being used for shoes or accessories that I might have such as purses, scarves, and belts. Now with custom closets, a person can be able to use it as some storage space as well as a place so that your shoes can have a home besides letting them stay on the floor.
In the closet, I have featured, is open without doors. It makes the look to the bedroom more organized and modern. There are shoes rack that can hold 2 shoes per rack, which is enough room for 24 pairs of shoes, but if you own a lot more shoes you can always look into getting a walk in closet that should accommodate all your needs. There are different sized clothes racks to accommodate shirts pants and dresses to keep you that much more organized. There are some drawers that you can use for jewelry and other accessories we may have and the larger drawers as a hamper.
The next time you decide to take on a closet makeover, think of Closet World to make your dreams come true.
Also, if you have a closet world closet, tell me what you think about it.
“Like” us on Facebook
“Follow” us on Twitter
“Subscribe” to YouTube
“Follow” us on LinkedIn
Social Media is a great way to stay in touch with a company you can enjoy. I would like to invite you to say hello or respond to our posts on an outlet where we can make the most of interaction. I look forward to hearing from you.
Closet World asked Twitter and Facebook users on June 27, 2011 to share some organizing tips. Here is our featured Twitter Mention about organization.
@ClosetWorldCA Hang all your hangers backwards to start. At the end of a year whatever is still facing backwards (never worn) gets donated.
This is a great tip, because in one year you might be amazed to find how many clothes you could be donating to Goodwill or Salvation Army. People in need are benefiting from used clothes at a reasonable price so that low income families can afford clothes.
If you have any more tips, you would like to share let Closet World know in the comments below, Tweet Us, or post on our Facebook Wall.
The laundry room tends to be very disorganized or possibly neglected at times. We can make adjustments in our lifestyles so we can become more organized in all aspects of life. It may take some dedicated time to create a lifestyle that is organized, but all we have to do is take 15 minutes out of our day to re-organize the laundry room. Keep repeating the process until you have a nice and tidy laundry room.
1.) Create a drawing of where things should go in the laundry room.
2.) Tape the drawing to the wall to remind yourself that you have a plan and intend to keep. It may help to use it at reference when you to start the process to becoming organized.
3.) Take ten minutes a day organizing the laundry room.
4.) Keep making sure that the laundry room stays organized.
We all know that at some point, girls just have way too many shoes at some point and the most common problem is that all the shoes will not even fit inside the closet. I am sure that we all need to make some more room. Here are some simple solutions to solve your problem.
Designate an area that will be designated to all your shoes that you own.
Build Shelves within the closet to maximize area in your closet
Design a shoe rack for the specific types of shoes you have
These are just a few tips, but if you are looking at putting in a brand new closet that would be bigger, We would love to help you get started on that. A custom closet can enable you to design a closet to your needs and that will best suite your life.